- New Rotary officers begin their year of service
- District Governor’s Training Manual sent to district governors-elect
- District Rotary Foundation seminars take place July-November
August — Membership and Extension Month
- Training and membership materials sent to district governors-elect. This shipment contains publications intended for the district trainer.
- Governors-elect training seminars take place August-December in conjunction with Rotary zone institutes. Other training meetings held in conjunction with Rotary zone institutes may include programs for governors-nominee, governor- elect partners, and district trainers. Rotary zone institutes also often include a regional Rotary Foundation seminar and a zone-level membership seminar.
September — New Generations Month
- Begin preparing for training meetings held February-May: district team training seminar,presidents-elect training seminar, and district assembly
October — Vocational Service Month
- Begin promoting dates of training meetings to incoming club and district officers
November — Rotary Foundation Month
- World Interact Week (week including 5 November)
- Club Officers’ Kits sent to district governors-elect for distribution to club presidents-elect (includes the Club President’s Manual, the Club Secretary’s Manual, Club Treasurer’s Manual, and the Club Committee Manuals: Administration, Membership, Public Relations, Service Projects, and The Rotary Foundation). Club presidents-elect should then distribute the contents of the kit to incoming club secretaries, club treasurers, and committee chairs. Each manual includes discussion questions that should be considered before the training meeting.
December — Family Month
- District team training materials sent to district governors-elect for distribution to assistant governors and district committee chairs before the district team training seminar. District committee chairs should ensure that members of their committee have the necessary training materials. The Assistant Governor’s Training Manual and District Committee Manual include discussion questions that should be considered before the training meeting.
January — Rotary Awareness Month
- Governors-elect make final preparations for the International Assembly and their district training seminars.
February — World Understanding Month
- 23 February is World Understanding and Peace Day (Rotary’s anniversary)
- District governors-elect attend the International Assembly
- Theme materials and RI information sent to district governors-elect for distribution at presidents-elect training seminars
- District team training seminars take place for assistant governors and district committees
March — Literacy Month
- World Rotaract Week (week including 13 March)
- Presidents-elect training seminars take place. Presidents-elect should develop preliminary goals using the Planning Guide for Effective Rotary Clubs (found in the Club President’s Manual).
April — Magazine Month
- District assemblies take place in April and May. Incoming club leadership teams should further develop goals using the Planning Guide for Effective Rotary Clubs
- District membership seminars should be held immediately following district assemblies
- Incoming club officers finalize their goals on the Planning Guide for Effective Rotary Clubs for the upcoming Rotary year and share them with their club at a club assembly
June — Rotary Fellowships Month